Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 13

Today's Reading

1 Chronicles. "...King David skipping about and laughing with joy..." I hope that someone with Michal's attitude doesn't see me and a bunch of other adults at children's camp this week. I'm certain that our worship would look less than "proper" to them. The person after God's heart is willing to look undignified in worship. It doesn't matter if it's a king or a pauper.

Romans today is a graphic word picture of sliding down a slippery slope. It mentions three levels of sin, each more depraved than the one before. In each case, "God abandoned them" at that level and the sin got worse. It's a dangerous thing to shut out the conviction of God's Spirit and fail to repent while we can.

Psalms. The humble who seek God may have great difficulty now, but God's salvation is ahead. The wicked may think they are getting away with sin, but judgment is coming.

Proverbs. The world tends to disregard the poor. There are those who call attention to the poor, yet their ultimate goal is for their own gain. God's people, however, naturally have compassion on the poor -- it's from God's heart. On the other hand, many Christians in our own nation have chosen to shut down the influence of the Holy Spirit in this area.

And your thoughts today? Do you have questions?

2 comments:

  1. "Let the whole earth sing to the Lord!
    Each day proclaim the good news that he saves.
    Publish his glorious deeds among the nations.
    Tell everyone about the amazing things he does."
    When I read these verses, I thought of Lara, Sam, Daniella and a few other bloggers that I follow who faithfully publish the Lord's good deeds. Not only do they publish His good deeds, they publish their thoughts, struggles, triumphs and personal lessons learned. It is encouraging for me to read these entries. It causes me to dig deeper. Isn't that one of the purposes of the Body of Christ? To spur one another on to love and good deeds. To cause one another to look into the Scriptures more? Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ranelle, I agree. Others help me to see something I might have missed, or to see something differently. Also help me in understanding. Some of this is very hard to comprehend, especially in today's society.

    ReplyDelete