Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 6, Day 6

Today's Reading

Job.  Zophar flew into Job like a buzz saw. He added condemnation to the pain Job was already experiencing. Not unlike people who approach a Christian with cancer and say, "If you had faith, God would heal you." Then the cancer victim feels guilty in addition to the physical ailment.

In his initial response to suffering, Job seemed to simply question, "Why?" All the while, he maintained his innocence. He seems to turn a corner today, getting a bit frustrated with his "friends" who keep trying to add guilt to Job's woes. Job even gets direct with God: "23 Tell me, what have I done wrong?Show me my rebellion and my sin.  24 Why do you turn away from me?  Why do you treat me as your enemy?"

All the while, God was there, loving Job and allowing him to suffer.  On a microscopic level, parents know what it is to allow their children to suffer so they can get better.  God knew the end as well as the beginning and He was working His great purpose in Job's life.   Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment