Friday, March 27, 2009

March 27

Today's Reading

This reading in Deuteronomy today is great, isn't it! I was moved toward the end by these verses: "16 He fed you with manna in the wilderness, a food unknown to your ancestors. He did this to humble you and test you for your own good. 17 He did all this so you would never say to yourself, ‘I have achieved this wealth with my own strength and energy.’"

I am touched by Jesus' story today in Luke about the man with two debtors. I think that, when I was young, I saw myself as the one who owed less. Every year that goes by, I see myself more as the one who owes the most.

How can one be called "a man after God's own heart," and be such a great king, but still feel overwhelmed by troubles? David wrote about it in Psalms today?

I'm better than I used to be, but it's still hard for me to do what this Proverb says: love discipline.

How's it going, Climbing Companion?

2 comments:

  1. We all have tough weeks, and this was one for me. This is my first Bible reading in over a week.

    I do not know why, but reading the Bible always puts tings in perspective for me. I can see myself in several of today's readings. Especially in a tough week, I can easily be the sinner, the debtor, the man looking for God or one of the men not thanking God for manna.

    I am so thankful I can still come back to God and He is there waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great reminder to me, too!

    ReplyDelete