Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April 7

Today's Reading

Deuteronomy: I was in a Small Group recently, where someone mentioned remembering the books of the New Testament because she learned them as a kid in the form of a song. Something about our mental processes helps us remember (even memorize) things normally difficult for us if we learn them attached to a tune. God wanted His people to remember Him after they entered the Land so He gave Moses a song.

Luke: Jesus shares several facets of truth about money today. Which one speaks the most to you?

Psalms: I find great comfort in the promise that God is constantly merciful toward me because He remembers that I am a mere mortal. How about you?

Proverbs: one of the signs of spiritual maturity is the willingness to keep truth to ourselves and share it only at appropriate moments. I need to keep growing in that area.

How are you doing today?

2 comments:

  1. I like the way Deuteronomy and the Psalm passage fit together today. In Deuteronomy 31:21, it says:
    ". . . I know the intentions of these people, even now before they have entered the land I swore to give them."
    He KNEW all the grief they would give Him and yet he still fulfilled his promise to them.
    Then the Psalm passage confirms this - they took him for granted until things went bad - then they would cry out to Him - only to turn away again when things were better...

    We are so like the Israelites...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure like them, Cathy. Thanks for the insight.

    ReplyDelete