Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August 11

Today's Reading

Nehemiah: during the days that Ezra was writing about, when the Temple was being restored, God raised up another servant-leader to take on another challenge. Ezra, the priest and scribe, was naturally concerned for the Temple. The problem that still remained was that Jerusalem was unprotected defensively. The wall was a shambles. God placed it on the heart of Nehemiah, the "cupbearer" (he tasted the food and drank the wine before the king to make sure it wasn't poison) to go back to the home of his ancestors and lead the wall-building project.

1 Corinthians: as Paul wrote to the Corinthian church about living as followers of Christ, he needed to cover the subject of marriage. This chapter is one I refer to often. Please take note of it so you can get back to it as needed.

Psalms: I want to, in the end, always be loyal to God. I need His presence so much. How about you?

Proverbs: when I read this verse today, I had to confess my "proud heart." God placed it in the same category as the others -- sin.

What speaks to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment