Thursday, August 20, 2009

August 20

Today's Reading

God gave Esther and Mordecai great favor with the king. They used to to help protect their people. What do you think of their actions? What about their refusal to plunder those they defeated?

1 Corinthians: we live in a culture that makes heroes out of the rich, the famous, the talented, the gifted. Many of those icons are self-centered, hard to get along with, and mean. If you want true friends, model your life on 1 Corinthians 13.

Psalms: "5 Commit everything you do to the Lord.
Trust him, and he will help you."
The problem is that I get busy. Then I fail to take the time to obey this verse. When I am so stressed out that I finally turn back to doing what it says, God always does what He promised in verse 5. He never fails!

Proverbs: "23 Watch your tongue and keep your mouth shut,
and you will stay out of trouble."
Someone said, "The abrasive are never persuasive." I like that.

What are your thoughts today?

1 comment:

  1. I love how 1 Cor. 13:12 makes me feel today. I need that promise! It's encouraging to me that what I see today is like a poor reflection in a polished piece of metal (like the "mirrors" they put in rest area bathrooms). Soon we shall see Him face to face and it will be clear. I only know in part right now, but I will know fully when I see Christ face to face. It gives me comfort to know that I am fully known right now by the One who created me. He knows the full story RIGHT NOW. I can rest in that today.

    ReplyDelete