Monday, August 3, 2009

August 3

Today's Reading

2 Chronicles: it's interesting that Hezekiah was known as a good king, but he hardened his heart against God at the end. His son Manasseh was known as evil, but he repented and turned to the Lord in the end. Then we read about Josiah, the bright star among the later kings. Josiah had a great heart for God. The people did what he said, but obviously their hearts weren't changed.

Romans today includes the second part of Paul's conclusion. Besides sending greetings to and from a variety of associates, he warns them to be wary of those who would cause divisions among God's people. It's a good warning today. For sure.

Psalms: verse 2 says, "Put me on trial, Lord, and cross-examine me.
Test my motives and my heart."
It's one thing to look good outwardly, but quite another to do the right things with the right motives. I still have to work on this one!

Proverbs: oh, but isn't gossip juicy and sweet? Unless you're the subject. I have been. It hurts.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment