Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November 10

Today's Reading

Ezekiel. You may have heard me speak of my deep love and respect for my dad. I can remember my sadness at his look of disappointment in me. I remember my joy when I knew he was proud of me. But I rarely saw him deeply angry at me -- and the thought of him being so brings shudders to my mind. In that light, I read, "3 Tell her, ‘This is what the Lord says: I am your enemy, O Israel...'" Can you imagine the awesome God looking in your eyes and saying that to you? We live in a time and place when many can't imagine God as anything but a big teddy bear who just smiles on everybody and everything going on. If you believe that, read today's passage very carefully.

Hebrews. 16 “This is the new covenant I will make
with my people on that day, says the Lord:
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”

17 Then he says,

“I will never again remember
their sins and lawless deeds.”
Heart changed; sins forgotten. It doesn't get any better than that -- seriously!

Psalms. David said that his confidence lay in the Lord. I'm not sure I can always say that, even though I'm by far the most peaceful when it's true.

Proverbs. Think long-term -- it's really that simple. Or that difficult.

What do you see today?

No comments:

Post a Comment