Saturday, November 7, 2009

November 7

Today's Reading

Ezekiel. What does it do to you when you read God's promise to someday restore the fortunes of Sodom? Do you remember how wicked that place was? On the other hand, have you considered how great your sin is before God? I have looked in that mirror and it's pretty ugly. So I rejoice that God will one day restore Sodom's fortunes. Because, if Sodom has no hope, neither do I!

Hebrews. "If the first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no need for a second covenant to replace it." Remember what Jesus said at The Supper: "This cup is a new covenant in My blood." What does that new covenant change? "10 But this is the new covenant I will make
with the people of Israel on that day, says the Lord:
I will put my laws in their minds,
and I will write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people."
The Law is no longer speaking to us from the outside in; it is speaking from within our own hearts through the Holy Spirit.

Psalms. In Hebrews, we have been talking about how Israel missed their destiny and were doomed to die in the wilderness. Here's the way the Psalmist put it: "24 The people refused to enter the pleasant land,
for they wouldn’t believe his promise to care for them.
25 Instead, they grumbled in their tents
and refused to obey the Lord.
26 Therefore, he solemnly swore
that he would kill them in the wilderness..."
Certainly you and I must be careful to not be held back by our own unbelief. I have know people who clearly professed Christ, but who lived lives of bitterness and complaining. I believe that they went to heaven, but they surely lived below their privileges here on earth.

Proverbs today contains three very unique verses. Which one speaks the most to you?

What else is God saying to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment