Monday, November 2, 2009

November 2

Today's Reading

Ezekiel. God made it clear that Ezekiel had the role of Watchman for Israel. How do you think that assignment relates to you and me in our day?

Hebrews: entering God's rest. He's not talking about the grave and He's not discussing Sunday naps (even though I love mine). He's talking about that place in which we completely yield our entire life to Him and trust Him with it. No matter what happens to us, He is in charge. He will provide what we need. He loves us. We rest from trying to be in control. We rest from trying to please God in our own strength. "14 So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. 15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. 16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most."

Psalms: oh, how God loves you and me. May we be pleasing to Him!

Proverbs: or, "What goes around comes around."

What speaks to you today?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so very grateful for the fact that I find grace to help me when I need it most. Somedays I feel so alone but just knowing that the Lord really knows me . . . really does . . . is so soothing to my soul.

    ReplyDelete