Sunday, November 22, 2009

November 22

Today's Reading

Ezekiel continued to describe the Temple and the sacred land that would be part of the coming kingdom.

1 Peter was written, as it states, to a group of Jewish believers in what is now northern Turkey. They had been dispersed there because of persecution in their homeland. However, the persecution in this new region was similarly overwhelming. Peter wrote them a letter to encourage them during their trials and to remind them of the provision of God, as well as of the reward that awaited them.

Psalms. "I lie in the dust;
revive me by your word."
I find it tempting to try reviving myself with entertainment, work, friends, etc. This verse really speaks to me today.

Proverbs. God seems to delight in being generous to the generous.

What have you noticed today?

1 comment:

  1. - I have chosen: the way of Truth
    - I hold fast: to Your statutes
    - I run: in the path of Your commands

    Let this be true of me today, Lord.

    ReplyDelete