Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 18

Today's Reading

Ezekiel. When everything looks hopeless, God offers new life. The word picture of breathing life into the dry bones is descriptive of what happens when a spiritually lifeless sinner receives Jesus. Wow!

If, as Joel Rosenberg has written (and I agree with him), Magog is Moscow (or Russia, in a more general sense), Ezekiel 38 is a gripping prophetic picture of conflicts to come and God's miraculous intervention.

James. Where do I begin? Hmmmm, let's see. My anger won't fix the world. If I can't control my tongue, my religion is worthless. I'm to care about and for the poor, including widows and orphans. Oh, and I'm not to show favor to the rich and famous. I must be merciful. Why? Because faith without good works is useless!

Psalms 117. I learned this little Psalm as a praise chorus many years ago. It comes back and rings in my head every time I read it. That's a great way to memorize Scripture!

Proverbs. The godly are bold for the name and honor of Him!

What is speaking to you today?

2 comments:

  1. Sean here. I like the dry bones anaology. When we are in a dry spell within our walk, God is always faithful to meet with us and breath spiritual life back into our daily lives. The simple thoughts can be profoundly encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don't show it by your actions? . . . what good does that do?" Super convicting verse for me.

    ReplyDelete