Thursday, March 15, 2012

March 15

Today's Reading

Numbers. Balaam had so much potential for good, but his greed led him astray. I was jolted by this verse in Chapter 23: "No curse can touch Jacob;
no magic has any power against Israel."
In our trips to the Dominican, I feel the significant presence of spiritual warfare. Only recently I have begun to feel it here in the U.S. But I never feel really afraid.

Luke. Please notice the powerful blessing which Zechariah prayed over his son John. I can remember various moments in my life when people prayed "over" me. Often they laid their hands upon my head or shoulders and prayed. From the Bible's perspective, it's important. Pray over your kids, your spouses, your small group members and others who want prayer. Those moments of prayerful concentration can lead the person praying to things that God wants specifically mentioned.

Psalms. Power and corruption go hand in hand. No wonder we rejoice when truly incorruptible people rule.

Don't gossip! Proverbs today. As a pastor, I can tell you that gossip kills God's work in churches faster than just about anything.

Your ideas and questions. That's what makes this blog work!

No comments:

Post a Comment