Friday, March 9, 2012

March 9

Today's Reading

Numbers. In The Circle Maker/ins> (I highly recommend it), Mark Batterson calls this "Quailmageddon". Quail provided the meat and also brought God's anger. Why?

Miriam's leprosy came as a result of rebellion, not against Moses, but against God. Why do you think she was made leprous and not Aaron? How do you think she felt during that week outside the camp, when the entire nation knew she was there because of sin? Twelve spies brought back a good sample and a bad report. Two of them stood by faith that the promises of God were bigger than the giants in the Land. The other ten chucked faith and cowered in fear. Their fear laid the foundation for Israel to spend forty years in that wilderness.

Mark. I was impressed by Jesus' warning, "Watch and pray, for the spirit is willing, but the body is weak." I regularly pray, "Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one." Over the past year or two, God has been transforming this part of my prayer life. When an intercessor recently delivered me God's message, "Guard your heart," I took it seriously.

The historical setting of Psalm 52 was a difficult time for David. He trusted God, regardless of his outward circumstances. He was hiding in caves, being pursued by Saul. As I read, "Look what happens to mighty warriors
who do not trust in God.
They trust their wealth instead
and grow more and more bold in their wickedness." (Psalm 52:7 NLT)
, I was immersed in conviction. I realized that I was reading the general state of the church in America at this time!

Proverbs. A call to humility and honesty.

Let us hear, Climbing Companions, how you are doing. What puzzles you? What delights you?

No comments:

Post a Comment