Thursday, March 8, 2012

March 8

Today's Reading

Numbers opens today with instructions about using trumpets. Anyone who has watched a movie like Return of the King on the big screen can't help but feel a sense of awe at this Biblical word picture. I found myself reading this chapter in technicolor. The depiction of the people setting out and on the march is vivid. Then I was struck by Moses' words recorded at the end: And whenever the Ark set out, Moses would shout, "Arise, O Lord , and let your enemies be scattered! Let them flee before you!" And when the Ark was set down, he would say, "Return, O Lord , to the countless thousands of Israel!" (Numbers 10:35, 36 NLT) I think it would greatly benefit you and me to grab hold of this concept. We who follow Jesus are t war with a fierce enemy.
Later, Moses becomes totally frustrated and talks to God about it. Notice the level of their intimacy! Wow! What do you think about God's harsh response to the people's complaints?
Mark tells a story of love and another of betrayal. I have been in both these roles at various times in my life. I have also been the recipient of the former and victim of the latter.
Psalms. One night of pleasure was now haunting David day and night (Psalm 51:3). The wages of sin is always death in some form.
Proverbs. May God increase the number of godly people who speak wisdom and healing to this generation.
Climbing Companion, what would you speak to us today?

No comments:

Post a Comment