Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 20

Today's Reading

Numbers. Moses was upset in today's passage because his generals didn't kill the women. What do you think that means? Did you notice the death of Balaam (the guy whose donkey saved him from the angel) and the explanation given for it?

Luke. When the devil couldn't get to Jesus with temptation for food or for worldly power, he used the Scriptures to tempt Him. The enemy will even misquote Scripture to get you and me to sin. It's a good reminder.

Psalms. I was reminded of the occasional times when I deeply feel God's presence. I find that I don't want those moments to end. On the other hand, too often I am so focused on the cares of life that I fail to enjoy Him. But I'm learning!

Proverbs. Integrity is something we live out by making thousands of tiny decisions. What a delight it is to God when we live that way!

I expect to hear from some of you today, especially about the passage in Numbers. What are your thoughts? Questions?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for that insight on Luke! The Lords really been leading me to memorize scripture ( not my strong suit) but I had never thought about Satan misquoting scripture to us- I can see why it's so important to actually memorize it. I'm going to take the suggestion Beth Moore gave us in this James bible study and pray for supernatural help in memorization because it's certainly not something I can do on my own!

    ReplyDelete