Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 21

Today's Reading

Numbers. After forty years together in the wilderness, this new generation of tribal leaders had some of their own thoughts about their future. God had promised them the land across the Jordan River. 2 1/2 tribes decided that they liked land east of the river better. It seemed so logical. They would get settled, then cross with their brothers and help them fight for the Land. God allowed it and so did Moses. Many generations later, their land was some of the first to be overrun by enemies. Do you see a lesson for us?

Luke. The people were overwhelmed by Jesus' power. He cast out demons with a word. He touched people and they were healed. One of my recent lessons as a leader comes from these verses: "42 Early the next morning Jesus went out to an isolated place. The crowds searched everywhere for him, and when they finally found him, they begged him not to leave them. 43 But he replied, 'I must preach the Good News of the Kingdom of God in other towns, too, because that is why I was sent.' 44 So he continued to travel around, preaching in synagogues throughout Judea." Jesus was willing to disappoint people to accomplish His purposes. Pastors are notorious people-pleasers. I ponder often these days how I use my time, knowing that some will be pleased and others disappointed by the decisions I make. I have determined that ultimately I must please only One.

Psalms. Never forget that God is the ultimate victor, regardless of current circumstances.

Proverbs. I am grateful for the older women who invest themselves in today's younger women, teaching them to focus more on inner beauty than the outward kind.

My thoughts today are simple, but the passages are rich. What do you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment