Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March 7

Today's Reading

Numbers. Among the subjects covered today is the way the people moved or paused according to the direction of God. What does that teach us in our calendar-driven culture? I certainly am guilty of living more by the clock and the calendar and it's hard to keep in balance. Every time I go to the DR I am confronted with a culture that starts when the people arrive. I have noticed, though, that the more educated the church down there gets, the more driven they are by the clock.

Mark records some of Jesus' instructions concerning the time when He returns. What are your insights about this? Do you think His return could be soon? Are you ready?

I find Psalm 50 to be so relevant! We are surrounded by those who ignore God and our temptation is to forget Him and how much we need Him. On the other hand, our obedience and our sacrifices open the door for Him to provide for us. I am grateful for growing intimacy with God. It was good to be reminded of His great majesty.

Proverbs. The world may be shaking around us, but God calls us to trust and obey. He will see us through.

Fire away! I look forward to your remarks!

No comments:

Post a Comment