Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24

Today's Reading

Genesis. The Bible has much to say about words of blessing. Today, Jacob blesses his family just before he dies. In more ways than we can imagine, his words of blessing came true in the generations that came later.

Matthew again shows us the lavish grace of Jesus as he cares for the hurting of his generation. His actions contrast with those of the religious leaders who said they cared, but didn't show it.

Psalms. God knows me and loves me even when I feel like a failure. Sometimes it's easy to believe that I don't ever please God, but that's not true...

2 May he send you help from his sanctuary
and strengthen you from Jerusalem.
3 May he remember all your gifts
and look favorably on your burnt offerings.


We all fail sometimes, but Christ in our hearts keeps changing us. That means that we also have times when things are "right." Thank God that He remembers those times even when I don't.

Proverbs. The easiest way to conquer evil is to avoid it.

I hope to hear from you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment