Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 30

Today's Reading

Exodus. As I read today's passage, I noticed the words: Pharaoh’s officials now came to Pharaoh and appealed to him. “How long will you let this man hold us hostage?" Isn't it amazing how God turned the tables on the situation? At the beginning, it was Israel who was hostage. Systematically, God tore down the power structure of the enemy. I think He does the same with us when we sincerely cry out to Him.

The passage ends with the preparation for the first Passover. Hundreds of years later, Jesus instituted the first "Lord's Supper" in a Passover meal with his followers. It is full of significance.

Matthew opens today with a story about work and wages. What do you think it means?

Psalms. 11 For the honor of your name, O Lord,
forgive my many, many sins.
This is often the cry of my heart.

Ants can be pesky little creatures, but they sure are diligent. Proverbs tells us to notice and learn from them. After that, at least at my house, I put out bait to get rid of them.

Hope to read your comments today!

No comments:

Post a Comment