Monday, June 1, 2009

June 1

Today's Reading

2 Samuel: David the king had been betrayed; David the dad had just lost his son. It's hard to imagine the dilemma he felt.

John: "by believing in him you will have life by the power of his name." That's a powerful summation of the resurrection account!

Psalm 119: "Rescue me; bring me back when I stray; loose my tongue to sing your praise." These are the repetitive themes at the close of this prayerful Psalm. Amen!

Proverbs: much authority is placed in the rulers of this world. Consequently, it is wise to live honorably toward them.

Climbing Companion, what do you see today?

2 comments:

  1. I can no longer ignore the fact that 'what I keep seeing' is Kung Fu Panda in the banner of this blog when it first opens. this has become so distracting that I feel there must be some connection between Kung Fu Panda and this Blog that Sam is trying to subliminally reveal to us. To that end, here are some Comparisons between Po of Kung Fu Panda and David:
    a) both were considered the 'wrong choice' for leadership.
    b) Both needed to create their own 'style for fighting (David using a sling, Po using, well, fat).
    c) Neither wanted the role they were destined for (humble?)
    d)Both seem to have been born into the incorrect family.
    e) Immature (need I say more).
    f) Both snatched victory from the clutches of defeat.
    g) both relied upon close friendships even with rivals (David and Jonathan, Po and those other animal Kung Fu guys) to strengthen and support them.
    There's probably more but I just needed to get that off my chest. sorry, for the Digression, Sam.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You left me giggling and feeling bad at the same time, Brad. Yes, we used a Kung Fu Panda Theme and overlayed it with Climbing companions I don't know if we could have broken the original theme in pieces and taking away the banner, then replaced it. I liked the color scheme. I will probably get it changed at some point, but don't hold your breath -- it will be a while.

    Thanks for your insight and the great analogy!

    ReplyDelete