Sunday, June 14, 2009

June 14

Today's Reading

1 Kings: I have spent years trying to understand the old prophet who tricked the prophet of God into eating and -- thereby -- losing his life. The best I have so far is that the old man was not fully serving God only. Duplicity had become common in Israel in this days and it's possible that the old man listened to whatever spirit he chose at any given time. His grief at the death of the other was because they shared a certain bond since both were prophets.

Acts: following the movement of the Gospel in the early church was fascinating. I can almost hear the excited news of Dorcas' being raised as it spread from person to person. Many would consider the Divinity of Jesus because of this miracle.

Psalms: God's promise to bless Jerusalem continues to be partially fulfilled. In the end, Jerusalem will be the capital city with Jesus Christ reigning as King over all kings and Lord over all lords.

Proverbs: I read this verse as I looked across the living room at my grandson as he played with legos in the floor.

Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment