Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 17

Today's Reading

1 Kings: this had to be the emotional high point of Elijah's ministry. Tomorrow we will see him at his emotional low point. I have learned more about walking with God from the latter than from the former.

Acts: I often wondered why the story of Peter's experience with Cornelius' house is told twice in it's entirety. I'm convinced it was to help those who would struggle with the idea that the Gospel was for Gentiles as well as for Jews.

Psalms: verse 18 says, "And those who make idols are just like them,
as are all who trust in them."
I try to remember this as I dwell in a time and place when the idols are riches and stuff.

Proverbs: unlike yesterday, today's Proverbs are simple (and very profound).

Your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. There is a lot of "repeating" in the Bible. I think God just knows that we are thick headed and need to hear things over and over for it to sink in... "ddduuuhhhhhh whadusay?"

    ReplyDelete