Monday, June 29, 2009

June 30

Today's Reading

2 Kings: the kingdom of Israel gradually grew farther and farther away from the Lord and finally were exiled from their own land. I take that as a warning for the times when I am growing farther from an intimate relationship with God. In the meantime, God was still working and another good king -- Hezekiah -- came to power in Judah.

Paul was so focused! Today, in Acts, he makes it clear that he knows what lies ahead and he will walk right into it! Why? So he can complete his task. That challenges me!

Psalms: above all else, we must praise the Lord. As we do so, we are acknowledging His Lordship, His goodness and His faithfulness over all His creation.

Proverbs: my friend tells me that keeping your mouth shut is one of the best ways to avoid trouble. I need to keep working on that!

What speaks to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment