Tuesday, June 30, 2009

July 1

Today's Reading

2 Kings: like us, Hezekiah first fell into the temptation to rescue himself by his own works. He even took the gold dedicated to the Lord and tried to bribe his way out of trouble. However, he repented and God delivered him. I loved this passage and it always challenges me to put my trust only in the Lord.

Acts: Paul knew that he had to travel a specific road in order to obey God. It's amazing how various ones foresaw the troubles ahead of him and tried to warn him off. He chose to listen to the still, small voice of God and keep moving ahead -- even if it meant he would die. What an example of devotion!

Psalms: I fear that sometimes we are so "civilized" that we don't really release ourselves in praise. We are afraid of looking foolish.

Proverbs: I must watch my heart regarding this verse. In my flesh, I love to hear rumors about people -- especially ones I don't particularly like.

And you? What is God saying to you today?

1 comment:

  1. (Acts) "they" tried to 'warn Jesus off' too. Oh that I could/should be so ?humble? - devoted?
    Thank you Jesus. I can only pray that when the time comes...

    ReplyDelete