Friday, February 10, 2012

February 10

Today's Reading

Exodus. What do you think all these things meant? Incense, anointing oil made especially for the priests. The priests had to wash before they came into the Lord's presence. How about God's strict command regarding the Sabbath? Join in and tell us your thoughts.

Matthew. It fascinates me that Jesus remained silent to the trumped-up charges from the religious leaders. However, He answered truthfully the far more serious charge about whether He was Messiah. I am convinced that knowing when to be silent and when to speak comes from being in tune with the voice of God. I'm listening to another station far too often!

Psalms 32. Oh, the joy of sweet release when I finally let go of my sins and let God cleanse me! I'm no longer wrestling, nor defending what I did. I willingly repent because of His great love for me.

Proverbs. "I was the architect at His side..." God creates and uses Wisdom as the designer. Wow!

Climbing Companions, how is your reading coming along?

3 comments:

  1. It always seems so sad that the disciples fled and left Jesus alone, but I was just thinking about how, at first

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter responds by drawing his sword and cutting off an ear. Maybe the disciples were ready to die in a fight for Jesus but to stand still ans silent was more than they could bear? I know I find when I'm stressed out at all, I turn into a little perpetual motion machine. To just be still and know that God is God is soooo hard at times like that. When that fight or flight impulse kicks in, peace can only come from The Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting richer by the day as I read your insights, Julie. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete