Sunday, February 26, 2012

February 26

Today's Reading

Leviticus. You will note that the statues mentioned today all have at least two things in common. First, they are sins against God; violations of His holiness. Second, they are sins against other humans, each destructive in its own way. Consequently, they all break what Jesus described as the Great Commandment ("You shall love God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind.") and the second greatest one ("You shall love your neighbor as yourself.")

Mark. "If anyone is ashamed of me and my message in these adulterous and sinful days, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.” Today's passage is one important lesson after another, but what a conclusion! I don't know about you, but I have had moments in my life when I was ashamed.

Mark includes the account of Jesus healing a blind man. Did you notice that Jesus took him by the hand outside the village to heal him? Then, Jesus told him to bypass the village on the way home. I noticed that only recently!

Psalms reminds me of Jesus' words from the cross: "My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?" I think that was because the weight of our sins made Jesus fully experience what we experience. Is it that God has forsaken us or that we feel forsaken?

Proverbs. Accepting discipline is a sign of maturity.

Your feedback has been great, including some recently by email and telephone! What do you notice today?

No comments:

Post a Comment