Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 8

Today's Reading

Exodus. Today contains the "uniform" to be worn by Aaron, the High Priest (and each High Priest who came after). Each piece had significance as he represented the people before the Lord. The New Testament Book of Hebrews clearly points out that Jesus Christ is once and for all our High Priest. We are also taught that we --all of us who receive Christ -- become priests. What are you thoughts on this?

Matthew. Today includes Jesus' warning that people with changed hearts demonstrate them by changed attitudes. What is your attitude about those in need?

Psalms contains a picture of a life in constant struggle against an enemy. The older I get, the more relevant it is to me. We want a life free of difficulty and conflict, yet both are part of this world and a constant battle for us as we walk with Christ.

Hate. It's a strong word we rarely use to talk about the sins which bring us down. Proverbs uses it today.

What are you learning? What are you questioning?

3 comments:

  1. Today, I'm really struck by the story of the woman pouring perfume on Jesus. It reminds me of Tammy saying, this Sunday, how she got to a point where she just wanted Jesus more than anything else. Even more than His blessings, she wanted Him. It's a beautiful scean where we see how in love this woman is with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be like that- I want to extravagently give my most precious possessions to Jesus, who fills my heart and my life. I want to want Jesus more than I want His blessings. I want my love for Jesus to be radical and a little bit crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that means you have started to change, Julie. You want to want to. God is changing many of us like that. What I'm discovering so far is that it's the most free I have ever felt. And the most loved.

    ReplyDelete