Saturday, February 11, 2012

February 11

Today's Reading

Exodus. The worship of the golden calf brought with it pagan sexual rituals and was abominable any way you looked at it. God's response was very strong. What do you think about it? In over thirty years as a pastor, I have had to confront people numerous times about scandalous sin. Even caught "red-handed", they have never come completely clean the first time. Never. I think the denial is partly the nature of sin; we can't seem to fully admit the ugliness of it, even to ourselves.

The next chapter is a powerful dialog between God and Moses. The New Testament tells us that God wants to have an intimate, personal relationship with you and me, too! Through a wholes series of events, I am enjoying greater sustained intimacy with God than at any time in my life. Each day is an adventure of watching Him work, often carrying me through great challenges. Someone said, "If you think you're in the Promised Land and there aren't any giants, you're really just on vacation!"

Matthew. Proud Peter humiliates himself and greedy Judas destroys himself. I have, at times, been like them both. Praise God for His forgiveness!

Psalms. 10 The Lord frustrates the plans of the nations
and thwarts all their schemes.
11 But the Lord’s plans stand firm forever;
his intentions can never be shaken.
I cling to this verse today as I was reminded of the predominance of anti-evangelical views on college campuses.

Proverbs. Do you want joy in your life? Find wisdom!

Take a moment and comment here!

3 comments:

  1. I'd be so encouraged to read a little 'hi' from anyone else who's climbing with us! Who's out there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie :)

    I've been attending SR since around September of last year. I just found this jewel of a blog. I love it already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deborah! So nice to hear from you and have you here!

    ReplyDelete