Saturday, January 3, 2009

January 3

First off, yesterday was the day of the unexpected for Cathy and me. It was to be our last day of vacation in NM before traveling home today. We started checking weather Thursday evening and a storm was predicted for Flagstaff today. Therefore, we left yesterday afternoon and arrived home just before midnight.

Otherwise, I would have sent you a few brief words before now.

Genesis today includes a long list of people. Do you see any you recognize? Any comments or questions about Noah and the ark?

What do you notice about Jesus' encounter with the devil in the wilderness?

Every question is a good one. Every comment will be respected. I encourage you to jump in.

5 comments:

  1. It’s bizarre to me that God, who knows the future, ever made man, knowing how we’d break His heart. In Gen 6:6 it says God was sorry he’d ever made man! Surely he knew that this day would come. Can God really have regrets?

    In Gen 6:18 which covenant is God referring to?

    In Matt 4, I love that Jesus responds with scripture. I’d like to have enough scripture memorized that I could respond to my temptations that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Julie said, I noticed Jesus always had scripture to back his response to Satan and his temptations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, the covenant he's referring to is the one he's making in vs 13-21. He's basically saying, "I'm going to keep this promise that I am making to you..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering when reading this, why is it so important to know that they lived so long? Does it relate to verse 29 where he says Noah will bring relief?

    I was unfamiliar with almost all the names in Gen 5:17-22. Is the genealogy important to later writings in the Bible? Or is it included to add validity to the historical accuracy when examined?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kella, I'm not sure I can even guess all the reasons why genealogy was given. It did help us develop a sense of the passing of time as the earth developed.

    ReplyDelete