Saturday, January 31, 2009

January 31

Today's Reading

Deliverance! What do you think was going on in the hearts of the Hebrews as they left Egypt in Exodus today? Notice that God immediately gives them some rules to live by. He wants them to yield themselves totally to Him. Isn't it the same with us?

Matthew today contrasts Jesus' compassion for the hurting with His anger at the religious people whose hearts were far from God. If Jesus were here right now, would He look on you with compassion or anger? That question scares me because of how much I need His mercy and grace.

Right after I wrote the last sentence, I read Psalms for today. Wow! It totally reflects the cry of my heart.

Dishonest transactions put us in the light of God's judgment. Proverbs today.

I have been refreshed by today's Bible reading. How are you doing? Questions? Comments?

2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering how Moses was able to communicate clearly to "six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children?" That would've been amazing to see. Did he use a megaphone of sorts? Or did they just pass word all the way down the line of hundreds of thousands of people?
    On a more serious note - in Matthew 21: 21 & 22: I've always wondered about what Jesus really meant when He said that if I have faith, I can say to a mountain, "Go, throw yourself into the sea," and it will be done."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great faith is certainly something to ponder.

    ReplyDelete