Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 10

Today's Reading

Exodus. What do you think all these things meant? Incense, anointing oil made especially for the priests. The priests had to wash before they came into the Lord's presence. How about God's strict command regarding the Sabbath? Join in and tell us your thoughts.

Matthew. It fascinates me that Jesus remained silent to the trumped-up charges from the religious leaders. However, He answered truthfully the far more serious charge about whether He was Messiah. What clue does that give you about how we should answer those who accuse us?

Psalms 32. Oh, the joy of sweet release when I finally let go of my sins and let God cleanse me!

Proverbs. "I was the architect at His side..." God creates and uses Wisdom as the designer. Wow!

Climbing Companions, how is your reading coming along?

4 comments:

  1. The patience of Jesus is always impressive. He standed accused, knowing the path before Him and he calmly answered people who were out to kill Him. This impresses me and it is a skill that I constantly try to grow in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't boast that I can articulate on the questions you put to us, but I can say I truly look forward to arising an hour earlier than I used to and using that time to follow Climbing Companions, Matthew Henry's Commentary and your personal blog, Dwell & Cultivate - not to mention the insightful comments from the other "Companions". I particularly love to "hear" Ranelle's insights, and Sean's wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linnyjo, you brought tears to my eyes. I miss you all so much. God is working in our family here in the cold country . . . and today it was cold!

    ReplyDelete