Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February 2

Today's Reading

Exodus. Today in Exodus 15:26 we discover another name for God. Remember, He revealed Himself to Moses as Jehovah, or Yahweh -- literally "I am that I am" -- from the burning bush. Now He joins the name Jehovah with the word Jireh, which means healer or healing. Jehovah-Jireh: I am your healer.

God's cleansing of the water at Marah is followed by the miracles of the manna and water rushing from the rock. What are your thoughts and questions today?

Matthew. Today contains a parable plus Jesus' responses to two challenges. The parable of the great feast is one of my favorites. What do you think it means?

I often meditate on Psalm 27 when I feel fear. It helps me put the problems of this life in perspective.

Proverbs. How easy it is to be pulled down by temptation!

I look forward to your input.

4 comments:

  1. I would've loved to be a part of the singing and dancing that Miriam led the women of Israel in when the Egyptians were swallowed up by the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt 22:11 - 14
    I've never quite figured out who the man was (without wedding clothes) or where he came from or how he 'got in there'. Though I get the calling of God for salvation, I just don't get this part of the passage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grab your tambourine, Ranelle!

    Chewie, some folks show up looking like they were changed by Christ's power because they do good works. However, their heart is not changed. The true wedding clothes must be washed white in the blood of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psalm 27-I have this one bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete