Thursday, February 4, 2010

February 4

Today's Reading

Exodus. First, notice the graphic description of God coming down to the Mountain to meet Moses in today's passage. Then, get ready to be stretched. God gives commands about human behavior that is very foreign to our view of what is acceptable. When you form your questions and comments, fire away in the comments section below!

In Matthew 5, Jesus spoke a series of blessings (The Beatitudes) on people who live a pure and humble life. Today, he speaks the opposite to those religious leaders who make a big show of their outward life, but their hearts are far from God. What does this passage say to you?

Psalms. Today is a simple cry for God's mercy and protection, along with an exclamation of praise that He hears and answers.

Proverbs. After a clear warning about the pain of immorality, the father again brings his child back to the value of wisdom as something to be sought after and cherished. You and I are the children!

I hope for some zinger comments today!

3 comments:

  1. Matthew 23: 25- I pray that He will teach me to be much more concerned with how I cleanse myself on the "inside", than what my outer appearance may be. I still struggle with "honoring God's house" by what I (and others) may wear (appearance) rather than how clean I/we may be on the inside. May He forgive me the sin of vanity/pride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being so transparent, linnyjo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linnyjo, like Sam said - thank you for being so open. I miss you and I love that nickname for you. It's cute and fits your personality!

    ReplyDelete