Friday, February 5, 2010

February 5

Today's Reading

Exodus. When I read this very long list of rules, I feel a bit overwhelmed. No wonder Jesus boiled the law down to "Love God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself." What are your thoughts on these? Any questions?

Matthew. Have you noticed that Christians are often consider "extremists" and "religious fundamentalists" in our culture today? Jesus predicted it in today's reading. For the past week, our family has been glued to the news, watching the stories of ten Americans who were detained in Haiti and accused of kidnapping and child trafficking. Three of them are family members. The painful thing has been to hear some of the ridicule toward Christians which has happened through this.

Psalm 29 reminds me of standing on tall mountains and watching storms blow through below me.

Reading today's Proverb leaves me just saying, "Oh, my!"

There we go. Let's get the conversation rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment