Thursday, March 11, 2010

March 11

Today's Reading

Numbers. Korah was from the tribe of Levi. As a member of the priestly tribe that represented the people to God and vice versa, the rebellious Levites brought a serious judgment upon themselves. God took their lives, but spared the censers which had been dedicated for worship. Dathan and Abiram were from the tribe of Reuben, who had been the oldest son of Jacob. Reuben was removed from the rights of the firstborn because of rebellion; now these descendants of Reuben were judged harshly because of their rebellion. We struggle with rebellion against authority almost from birth. Why do you think God was so strict in His judgment on this rebellion?

Mark. The Savior's love for me...and you. That's the reason He had to die.

One friend told me that he views life as a war. That's certainly David's perspective in this Psalm.

Living above the fray. That seems to be our choice in Proverbs today.

I would love to hear how these Scriptures are speaking to you.

1 comment:

  1. Mark-This is so hard for me to read, I cry all the way thru it. I understand why he had to be crucified. I have never understood the cruelty before. It's not enough that he will be crucified? He had to be tortured first? I have a hard time understanding man's inhumanity against man.

    ReplyDelete