Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 24

Today's Reading

Deuteronomy. After describing in detail how Israel conquered two great kingdoms, Moses confesses how he tried to bargain with God to be able to enter the Land after all. As I get older, having spent many years in a church, I can imagine the temptation to "beg" God for another chance to see this for himself. That's what Moses did, and God doesn't seem to judge him for asking.

Luke records some of Jesus instructions for living life God's way. Which of these speaks most to you? Which is most difficult for you?

Psalms. The beautiful thought of God's blessing on the earth gives us some idea of how He intended it to be. Too bad we fall so short of what this describes.

Proverbs. O God, please help me continually search for good and not evil.

What are your thoughts and questions today?

2 comments:

  1. I thought a long time about the passage in Luke. I know I struggle with a few of the things that Jesus was talking about, but I think I struggle the most with generosity - with no strings attached. Giving and not expecting anything back or anything repaid is a difficult thing for me. Something to really strive for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke was very powerful today. It made me think a lot about something that has been convicting to me lately; what are "we" (Christians) doing that is any different from "sinners?"

    ReplyDelete