Saturday, March 27, 2010

March 27

Today's Reading

Deuteronomy. I was moved toward the end by these verses: "16 He fed you with manna in the wilderness, a food unknown to your ancestors. He did this to humble you and test you for your own good. 17 He did all this so you would never say to yourself, ‘I have achieved this wealth with my own strength and energy.’" I keep re-learning the lesson that I tend to get stale in my communion with God when everything is going fine. I want to keep that intimacy at all times, not just when everything seems to be falling apart.

Luke. I am touched by Jesus' story today about the man with two debtors. I think that, when I was young, I saw myself as the one who owed less. Every year that goes by, I see myself more as the one who owes the most.

Psalms. How can one be called "a man after God's own heart," and be such a great king, but still feel overwhelmed by troubles? David wrote about it today.

Proverbs. I'm better than I used to be, but it's still hard for me to do what this says: love discipline.

How's it going, Climbing Companion? What is speaking to you? What questions do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment