Friday, March 26, 2010

March 26

Today's Reading

Deuteronomy. This is more than a refresher on the Ten Commandments. It is a word picture of the possibilities if God's people will completely follow Him and teach succeeding generations to do the same. It includes the need to resist temptation. God was setting Israel up as His people through whom the whole earth could know about Him. They failed. Will we?

Luke. I am moved by the compassion Jesus showed when healing the widow's son. Then He uses John the Baptizer as an example to demonstrate the religious leaders' blindness. You and I must beware of rejecting the true works of God because they come packaged in a way we didn't anticipate.

Psalms. I like the verse today: "Summon your might, O God. Display your power, O God, as you have in the past."
Sometimes the best way to prepare for today's challenge is to remember God's previous acts of faithfulness to us.

Proverbs. "Those who bring trouble on their families inherit the wind." When you think about it, that is downright scary.

You continue to give us great insight with your comments and questions. What's on your mind today?

1 comment:

  1. Great readings today, I hope to get a minute later to reread them. In Deuteronomy I felt convicted when reading about the Sabbath. Of all the commandments, where I am life right now that is the one I struggle with the most. I absolutely loved reading about God's provision for His people, because I know He still provides for us thhat same way today.

    ReplyDelete