Monday, March 15, 2010

March 15

Today's Reading

Numbers. Balaam had so much potential for good, but his greed led him astray. I was jolted by this verse in Chapter 23: "No curse can touch Jacob;
no magic has any power against Israel."
In our trips to the Dominican, I feel the presence of spiritual warfare like I rarely feel it here in the U.S. But I never feel really afraid.

Luke. Please notice the powerful blessing which Zechariah prayed over his son John. I can remember various moments in my life when people prayed "over" me. Often they laid their hands upon my head or shoulders and prayed. From the Bible's perspective, it's important. Pray over your kids, your spouses, your small group members and others who want prayer. Those moments of prayerful concentration can lead the person praying to things that God wants specifically mentioned.

Psalms. Power and corruption go hand in hand. No wonder we rejoice when truly incorruptible people rule.

Don't gossip! Proverbs today.

Your ideas and questions. That's what makes this blog work!

3 comments:

  1. Has he ever spoken and failed to act?
    Has he ever promised and not carried it through?
    This is taken from the Old Testament passage in today's reading. In the New Testament passage Zechariah another Covenant in his prayer over John -
    "He has been merciful to our ancestors
    by remembering his sacred covenant—
    the covenant he swore with an oath
    to our ancestor Abraham."
    Yesterday in church I was reminded of the Old Covenant and the New Covenant. It's such an interesting topic. God always keeps His covenants. That gives me a ton of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of God's love for His people and His protection of them while reading Numbers today.

    I get so excited when anyone has a baby, I even felt a little charge when John was born! And hearing the prayer his father said over him was a great reminder to pray over my children today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ranelle, I spent a long time last night wrestling in prayer. I really needed your reminder this morning. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete