Sunday, March 28, 2010

March 28

Today's Reading

Deuteronomy. Moses reminded the people that God had a special plan for them because of His love. However, they needed to humble themselves before Him. It's a great lesson for you and me. Truthfully, God wanted to bless the whole world through them. Rather than take His blessings and hoard them, they were to demonstrate the power and love of God by refusing to following the false gods that were being worshiped in their new home. When He showered His blessings of love on them, they could show that love and encourage all to follow Him. The way it actually turned out is tragic.

Luke. When I was younger, I used to try to decide which of the four types of seed/soils were really saved for eternity. I'm not as concerned about that now. I have lived long enough to see people in each category. It makes me long to be good seed in good soil.

Psalms. Micah 6:8 says that the Lord requires us to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with our God. I see all three in this Psalm.

Proverbs. I heard recently about someone who admitted, "I'm in over my head. I need to fix it and get out." Based on today's Proverbs, that's a recipe for disaster.

What are your thoughts, fellow reader? How about your questions?

3 comments:

  1. Lately I've been feeling like the lamp in Luke that gets hidden under a bowl. I've been saved from an eternity in hell and have walked through some challenges only by the wonderful grace of my Lord. I don't want to hide those things, yet I struggle to find how best to "let my light shine." I am surrounded by neighbors who don't know Christ. Should I start a Bible study for women? Or should I approach it more like just being there for them - serving them in every way that I feel the nudging of the Holy Spirit prompting me to? How will they know there is a difference in me? These are the questions that have been bothering me lately. Any ideas, fellow Climbing Companions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ranelle, I can only speak to my own experiences - it might be different for you. I don't feel that God has given me the gift of direct evangelism, as my overtures and invitations to bible studies/small groups, etc. to un-churched neighbors/friends invariably result in polite but negative responses. I think your idea of simply being there for them, and perhaps letting them see Christ in you with your beautiful smile, a "God Bless You" now and then, and a Sisterly hug will go far - at least that is what I feel led by God to do. I think God's "nudging" that you referred to would do excellently. Then simply leave them to God. And frankly, I ALWAYS saw God's light in your life. Miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sam, Ranelle. By being there for them, they will learn trust and will open up. If God has a small group in mind for you, maybe that is the beginning.

    ReplyDelete