Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22

Today's Reading

Numbers. I was struck by Numbers 33:55: "But if you fail to drive out the people who live in the land, those who remain will be like splinters in your eyes and thorns in your sides." Several thousand years later, we still live in the shadow of their failure to do what God said.

What do you think of the cities of refuge and the way that regulation was structured?

Luke. The first thing I noticed today in this passage is the combination of humility and faith in the heart of the leper. The other is how aware Jesus was of the moving of God's Spirit. It's easy to think, "Why didn't Jesus just walk into all the places where there were sick people and start instantly healing them?" Obviously, God's healing power wasn't always evident. I want to keep growing in my awareness of how God is moving in given moments.

I am moved by today's Psalm: the all-powerful God is willing to forgive my many sins. Hallelujah!

Proverbs. "Godliness" is a gift from God, but He promises to reward it in us!

I await your thoughts! Please pray for those who are struggling to keep up!

2 comments:

  1. "You must not defile the land where you live, for I live there myself. I am the Lord, who lives among the people of Israel.” Numbers was interesting today. I found myself wondering why the Israelites needed such specific instructions regarding the treatment of those who had murdered or accidentally killed someone. Then I thought of our judicial system! It is certainly very complex to try anyone for murder, and I understand why God gave the Israelites those instructions.

    Lately we have really seen God "Faithfully answer our prayers with awesome deeds" as said in Psalms. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post, Lara. It really encouraged me to hear how you have been seeing the awesome deeds of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete