Monday, March 8, 2010

March 8

Today's Reading

Numbers opens today with instructions about using trumpets. Anyone who has watched a movie like Return of the King on the big screen can't help but feel a sense of awe at this Biblical word picture.

Later, Moses becomes totally frustrated and talks to God about it. Notice the level of their intimacy! Wow! What do you think about God's harsh response to the people's complaints?

Mark tells a story of love and another of betrayal. I have been in both these roles at various times in my life.

Psalms. One night of pleasure was now haunting David day and night (Psalm 51:3). The wages of sin is always death in some form.

Proverbs. May God increase the number of godly people who speak wisdom and healing to this generation.

Climbing Companion, what would you speak to us today?

4 comments:

  1. Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
    and make me willing to obey you.
    God is a God of restoration. Just last night I was talking to one of the kids who had just mentioned to me how far away they felt from God. I told her to tell God that. Tell Him that you feel like your prayers are hitting a wall and that you don't feel close to Him. Ask Him to help you be faithful during this time of "dryness". He is so faithful and He loves to hear our heart, even though He already knows it. I know this God of restoration. I've experienced it and know that He is always there waiting for me to turn to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading Numbers, it's interesting how little human nature has changed! When I read about the complaints of the people and how they began to long for Egypt I was reminded of myself at times in my life. It was also interesting to see God's anger toward their complaints.

    I love the words in Psalms today about brokenness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great words from both of you ladies, Ranelle and Lara. Enduring to the end; life is a marathon rather than a sprint! Thanks for encouraging us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re the passage today from Numbers...

    Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth. - Numbers 12:3

    Really? Then there's still hope for me! In today's passage, he'd reached the point where he'd rather the Lord take him (die) than face the stubborn, complaining, rebellious people called Israel. As he talks to God, he begins to whine just as the people were doing.

    Then I remember Deuteronomy 18:15: Speaking to the people of Israel, Moses says, "The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among yourselves, from your own kinsmen. You are to pay attention to him!

    ... and I appreciate Jesus all the more!

    ReplyDelete