Saturday, May 15, 2010

May 15

Today's Reading

1 Samuel. David was so different than Saul! Saul was insecure and David had confidence. Saul seemed to take responsibility for battle on his own shoulders and David gave it to God. Saul tried to hold onto the glory for himself and David gave it also to God.

John. I think that Jesus said something very subtle and very powerful in this passage. Unless we believe that He is who He said, we will remain of this world and will die in our sins. On the other hand, if we believe Him, God will transform us into someone not of this world any more.

Psalms. God gives food to those who fear Him, according to this. That's a great promise during tough economic times.

Proverbs. When I read this, I'm reminded of toddlers whose parents are trying to "potty-train" them. I have seen them quietly go into a corner of the room and look away as they "do their business."

What do you see today, Climbing Companion? Do you have questions?

1 comment:

  1. The age-old story of David and Goliath really became alive to me today. I've read and heard this story a ton of times, but today I really "read" it. In my application of this passage, I play the role of David and all the things of this world play the role of Goliath, who is holding his spear, sword and javelin. All of the weapons that Goliath holds represent everything that seeks to tear my family apart. But these "things" are not a match for the simplicity (or five smooth stones and sling) of God's message. Believe in Him and walk daily with Him! That's not to say I won't have giants that come at me, make fun of me, or attempt to attack me. It is to say that when those giants are threatening and possibly have small victories against me, the ultimate victory belongs to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete