Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17

Today's Reading

1 Samuel. I'm not sure that I fully understand why Jonathan signaled David that his life was in danger, then told him face to face. Why the signal if they could just meet and talk? What I do understand is that Jonathan knew David was selected as the next king. He said, "May the Lord be with you as he used to be with my father."


John. As I read this passage, I think I saw the gradual realization to the man that Jesus must be the Son of God. Interestingly, it seems that the more the religious leaders tried to convince him that this man couldn't be from God, the more he was convinced otherwise. God even uses unbelievers and persecutors to draw people to Jesus.

Psalms today includes this graphic picture of the awesome power of God. The earth trembles, the mountains shake, the waters move -- all in awe of God!

Proverbs. It's the simple things in life -- mixed with joy -- that make it full and rich.

How are you doing in your life today, Climbing Companion? What's on your mind?

2 comments:

  1. Psalms reminds me of how God picked me out "of the garbage dump" years ago. Some days I start to descend back into it, and He faithfully lifts me out.

    "This happened so the power of God could be seen in him." I think this verse is the answer to many of life's questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree, Lara. Most of the times I don't know why something happens in my life. The verse you quoted has been a comfort to me so many times as well as the first chapter in 2 Corinthians.

    ReplyDelete