Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 11

Today's Reading

Joshua. The Jordan River was at flood stage and could have easily been over 10 miles wide when this happened. Those of us who have lived in Yuma a long time can remember many years ago when the Gila River was flooding. I went through Telegraph Pass headed to Phoenix early one morning during that flood. I crested the Pass right at sunrise. Looking to my left, I saw what looked like a huge lake, several miles across, which wasn't normally there. I think of that when I read this passage.

Luke. I am always amazed at Christ's love for people and touched by His command to go to the disenfranchised when the "in crowd" doesn't respond to Him.

Psalms. It seems that growth always makes us susceptible to pride. Then, a fall!

Proverbs. I have been guilty of buying "toys" I thought I wanted, then not even using them. That's what I get from today's Proverb.

How about you? What is speaking to you? Do you have questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment