Saturday, April 3, 2010

April 3

Today's Reading

Deuteronomy. As I read today's passage, I thought about those of you who are reading it for the first time. It's hard to imagine some of these regulations. Which ones jump out at you? What are your questions and/or comments?

Luke. "Tea With Hezbollah" is a new book by Christian author Ted Dekker. It is the account of his travels among different leaders in the Middle East to get their take on Jesus' teaching about the Good Samaritan. It is fascinating reading.

Psalms. The earth may seem to be spinning out of control, but God faithfully watches and judges.

Proverbs. May we live wisely and work hard.

I'd love to hear from you today! What questions arise in your mind? What is speaking to you?

2 comments:

  1. In our Luke passage today I was prompted to look at who I "think" my neighbor is. To be honest, I tend to be neighborly to those who are like me. I'm being transparent here. I believe I don't even think to serve those who aren't like me. I'm ashamed but in the same way, convicted, to expand my scope. To look at others through Christ's eyes. To serve others like the Samaritan did - others who are completely different than my norm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke: 17 “Lord, even the demons obey us when we use your name!”
    20 (and Jesus replies in part)- "But don’t rejoice because evil spirits obey you; rejoice because your names are registered in heaven.”

    When Jesus answers my prayer, I also "rejoice" that He allows me to "heal", to give comfort, or whatever the case may be. I seldom remember to simply rejoice in knowing that MY NAME is REGISTERED IN HEAVEN! Praise His Holy Name!

    ReplyDelete