Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12

Today's Reading

Joshua. Today's reading moves like an action adventure book. It is full of points about listening to God, being courageous and obeying what God says. I recently read this question: "Are you trying to pray yourself out of a situation that you behaved yourself into?" Reading the reaction to the defeat at Ai reminds me of trying to do exactly that. God's answer for them was to behave themselves back to the place they should have been.

Luke. Which character would you be in the story? The Prodigal or the older brother? Why?

Psalms. Today's passage is a clear window into the heart of God. He longs for us to follow His ways, not because He's the boss, but because His ways open the door for His rewards.

Proverbs is an echo of Psalms, except the relationship is between children and their earthly parents.

What are your thoughts today? How about your questions?

1 comment:

  1. I have that Sunday School song, "I'm in the Lord's Army" stuck in my head after reading Joshua.

    You will never defeat your enemies until you remove these things from among you.

    I found this verse to be very powerful. It reminds me that God is constantly refining and purifying me.

    In the story of the Prodigal Son, I have been both sons at different times in my life.

    Thank you, God, for leaving the flock to find this lost sheep. What love He has for us!

    ReplyDelete