Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25

Today's Reading

Judges. "Jael nailed it all down." Someone came up with that at the college I attended many years ago. I still smile at it, though the idea of such barbarism is very foreign to me.

Luke. "This is your moment; the time when the power of darkness reigns." We have such moments in our lives, too. I think that our awareness of them grows as we mature in Christ. If only we can remember that the darkness always gives way to the light!

Psalms. I keep rediscovering that that world can be a heartless, cruel place. God is our refuge and our victory!

Proverbs 14:4 is one of my favorite Bible verses. Where there are no people, there are no problems. As a pastor, I'm grateful for the problems that come from people working in God's harvest!

What verse speaks to you today? What questions come to mind?

2 comments:

  1. "Who will protect me from the wicked?
    Who will stand up for me against evildoers?
    Unless the Lord had helped me,
    I would soon have settled in the silence of the grave.
    I cried out, “I am slipping!” but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me.
    When doubts filled my mind,
    your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer."

    I can definitely say with the Psalmist that unless the Lord had helped me on several occasions, I would've settled in the silence of the grave. I cried out that I was slipping and His unfailing love supported me. I still do . . . and He still does.
    By the way, thank you for explaining the Proverbs verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ranelle, this is the second or third time this week that your comments have spoken to me. We have just spent our last night on the east coast and will board a big silver bird for home in a few hours. Being out of our regular surroundings and schedule has often left me rested, but thirsty of soul. Your feedback has helped me each time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete