Sunday, April 4, 2010

April 4

Today's Reading

Happy Easter! He is risen!

Deuteronomy. I have grown in understanding and gratitude for this description of bringing the first offerings in the new land. What a powerful reminder that it was God that got them here. I can "see" the visual effect of pronouncing the curses from Mount Ebal and the blessings from Mount Gerazim.

Luke. I wonder how the simplicity of Christ's model prayer originally struck the disciples. Do you think that maybe they were looking for something "deeper?" Which phrase of this prayer means the most to you? Why?

Psalms. In the end, God alone is left standing. The rest of us will be kneeling before Him, either in broken defeat or unbridled worship. I so long for that day!

Proverbs. wise person always listens, learning from everyone and discerning truth from error.

Your comments today? I would love to hear them!

4 comments:

  1. Which phrase of Christ's model prayer speaks to me? Luke 11:4 And forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. I'm having a great problem forgiving. It's so hard living in a household where there is nothing but hatred an loathing. It is breaking down my natural positive nature. I can't pray for these people anymore, I certainly can't forgive them.

    Sam, I really appreciate you putting your heart into this project. It keeps me focused. I check back constantly to read the comments and insights of our other Companions. Then I go back to re-read the scriptures to find out why I didn't see that. So I'm getting lots of reading in. Just wanted to let you know I'm still climbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is so transparent and precious. I don't know you Roberta, but thanks for sharing. I'd like to encourage you to choose to forgive. God doesn't expect you to do it on your own. He has His spirit living in you and you have access to the same power that raised Christ from the dead. I know about the forgiving part. It is a choice, not a feeling. It is impossible . . . on our own. But nothing is impossible with Christ! Keep truckin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know me as Charlie Smith's sister. Ranelle, your insights are part of what inspires me in this endeavor. Yesterday was a really bad day. I haven't given up on them. I pray for them constantly. I'm just so exhausted trying to keep some positive energy in the house, I'm being drained. Thank you for your kind comments, once again, your words have inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you . . . yes, I do know you.

    ReplyDelete